Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Chicago IL
Are you dealing with fire damage? Call us right now!
Fire damage can destroy a home rapidly. Smoke and soot penetrate walls and belongings, and water used to put out the flames can damage building materials. After any fire, time is of the essence.
Here at ServiceMaster of Lake Shore in Chicago, our certified technicians restore homes affected by protein fires, structural fires, chimney fires, furnace malfunction fires, cigarette fires, and more.
Our IICRC-certified team services all of Chicagoland including Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Northbrook, Glenview, Wilmette, Winnetka, and Park Ridge.
We know not every fire is the same, and we strive to provide tailored service for any situation. You can depend on ServiceMaster of Lake Shore to provide these quality fire damage services:
- Emergency board up and tarping
- Water damage cleanup and restoration
- Mold remediation
- Smoke odor removal
- Soot removal
- Debris removal
- Mold removal
- Content pack-out
- Floor and carpet cleaning and restoration
- Upholstery cleaning and restoration
- Deep cleaning
- Air duct cleaning
- Property restoration and reconstruction
If you’ve had fire damage in your home (or business), trust the job to ServiceMaster of Lake Shore – one of Chicago’s leading fire damage restoration companies. We respond promptly to your call, providing the urgent and comprehensive service you need after a damaging structure fire.
We restore your home to pre-loss condition. Call now for an inspection: 312-707-8597
The Types of Fires we Handle in Chicagoland
Any kind of fire is an emergency. To ensure complete, comprehensive emergency restoration services, we handle the following types of fires and more:
- Home fires. Whether the fire burned your kitchen or an entire area of your home, you can count on our team to provide comprehensive property repair.
- Business fires. A fire in your business costs your money and leads to downtime that’s difficult for you and your customers to manage. Our team provides fast, professional repair for business fires in business parks, warehouses, hospitals, high rise buildings, and more.
- Smoke damage. Smoke damage is an unfortunate and dangerous side effect of fires. Smoke leaves dark, oily stains on your personal property, which can be difficult to get rid of. Fortunately, our team specializes in smoke odor removal. We use cutting-edge equipment and tactics to deodorize and restore your property, personal belongings, and furnishings.
- Kitchen fires. An estimated 2 out of every 5 home fires start in the kitchen. If you’ve experienced a kitchen fire, our team will repair all physical damage, remove smoke and soot stains, and get rid of lingering odors to restore your home to like-new condition.
- Multi-family fires. A fire in a multi-family building can be devastating, threatening the safety of your tenants and the structural integrity of the building itself. When these fires strike, our team provides certified fire damage restoration services to help you get things back to normal.
- Complex fires. Complex fires involve both natural and synthetic items within a structure. They create heavy, toxic black smoke that can ruin your personal property and corrode delicate surfaces like glass and metal. Fortunately, our team is here to repair the damage caused by complex fires. We will remove all toxic materials and make your home safe again.
- Natural fires. Natural fires involve natural materials like bushes, shrubs, or trees. Even if a natural fire doesn’t burn your home, it will create smoke that can penetrate the structure from the outside, leaving persistent odors and unsightly stains. Our team will remove the smells and the staining so your home feels welcoming again.
- Furnace malfunction fires. When a furnace malfunctions, it can create a dangerous and destructive blaze that follows the furnace’s vent lines through the home. Fortunately, our team has the skills and expertise needed to resolve this type of extensive damage and ensure your home is structurally sound.
- Chimney fires. Burning wood in a fireplace creates creosote, which builds up inside a chimney and can catch fire. These hot, fast fires can cause extensive damage in just minutes. Let our team repair chimney fire damage and restore your property completely.
- Cigarette-caused fires. Discarded cigarette butts can create rampant fires both indoors and outside. Our team will identify the source of the fire and repair all damage in the surrounding areas.
- And more
Don’t deal with the aftermath of a fire on your own. Contact our professional technicians for 24/7 emergency services: 312-707-8597
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services in Chicago, IL, and the Suburbs
If you’ve experienced a fire in your home or business, or on your property, you can’t afford to wait for assistance. Fortunately, our rapid response team is standing by. We’re ready to repair your property at a moment’s notice.
Come to us for the following fire damage restoration services in Chicago and the suburbs:
Emergency Fire Mitigation
Whether you need rapid response mobilization or a fire damage assessment, you can trust our team to deliver.
Depending on the type and extent of your fire damage, we also provide water damage restoration, smoke and soot removal and cleaning, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and demolition and debris removal.
After a fire, we’re your one-stop-shop for complete property reconstruction.
Content Cleaning and Packout Services
After a fire, virtually everything in your building will need to be cleaned and restored. To make this process easier, we offer comprehensive cleaning and packout services.
Our team will arrive at your property and remove all the building’s soft goods, including drapes, carpets, upholstery, and bedding. Once we’ve picked these items up, we’ll clean them thoroughly.
We’ll also clean all your electronics and appliances, and restore and dry art, documents, and more. If there are materials in the home that cannot be restored, our team will pack them out and dispose of them safely.
Even if the fire didn’t destroy your home or business structure, flames leave behind stubborn odors and stains that can be difficult to remove. During the structural cleaning process, our team will clean your entire property.
We’ll remove soot from the walls, baseboards, ceilings, and other elements in your home. We’ll also conduct a comprehensive clean of your doors, windows, floors, and other horizontal surfaces, including countertops and windowsills.
Finally, we’ll clean the ventilation and duct systems of your building’s HVAC unit to ensure healthy indoor air quality.
Call to request a fire damage estimate today: (312) 707-8597
Our 7-Step Fire Damage Restoration Process for Chicago, IL
We follow a proven process to repair your fire damage and get things back to normal as quickly as possible.
1. Emergency Evaluation and Pre-Cleaning
Emergency fire damage can’t wait, and we respond rapidly to every event. With a prime location in downtown Chicago, we’re equipped to respond to emergencies around the clock. Our fleet of fully-stocked response vans arrives on the scene within 90 minutes of your call – ready to go to work.
Once the fire department leaves, we’ll begin our restoration process. The first thing we do is to evaluate the damage and conduct emergency pre-cleaning. We remove large debris and anything else that may get in the way of our restoration efforts. This important step helps us clear a space for work to begin safely.
2. Extensive Fire Damage Assessment
Once we’ve pre-cleaned the property, we’ll begin the process of providing a more extensive damage assessment. During this phase, we’ll conduct a thorough inspection of the home’s structural integrity and the state of your belongings.
Our highly-trained fire restoration technicians will identify the type of the fire, and pinpoint where it started. Before we move on to the next phase of our restoration, we’ll ensure the building is safe to enter, for both our teams and your family.
3. Property Security
Even small fires cause severe structural damage. Often, this damage makes it impossible to close and lock doors or windows, leaving your home vulnerable. To protect your home and ensure security after a fire, our team will board up damaged areas of your home. We’ll also reinforce compromised walls or roofs to safeguard your property and belongings.
4. Packout Services and Content Cleaning
The next phase of our process is content cleaning. We’ll provide thorough, extensive cleaning of all the salvageable textiles, surfaces, and items in your home. When we identify items that are beyond repair, we will pack them out of the home so you can start fresh.
Our team understands that your belongings are precious. As such, we’ll try to restore items whenever possible, and will seek your input every time we make a pack-out recommendation.
5. Water Damage Restoration
While fire causes a lot of damage, most fire-affected properties also experience a high level of water damage. Water from in-house sprinkler systems or firefighting efforts can saturate furniture and belongings, damage drywall, and more.
Fortunately, our team has the experience and equipment needed to address even extensive water damage repair in Chicago homes.
We use heavy-duty, commercial equipment to remove excess water and restore affected areas. To prevent mold and mildew growth, we finish this phase with state-of-the-art dehumidifying and drying services.
6. Smoke & Soot Removal
Fires leave behind heavy soot and smoke, both of which contain dangerous carcinogens like cadmium, chromium, and arsenic. To guarantee your health and safety, we remove soot and smoke residue from every surface in your Chicago home, including walls, ceilings, furnishings, and personal belongings.
Our teams use specialized smoke and soot mitigation products and techniques to clean and sanitize everything in the home. The result is a clean space that looks good and protects you from ongoing exposure to dangerous compounds.
7. Final Property Restoration
The final step in our extensive process is complete property restoration. During this phase, we do everything needed to make your property livable once more. Depending on the severity and location of the fire, we can provide drywall reconstruction, plumbing repairs, flooring replacements, and much, much more.
To get rid of any lingering smoke odor, we also use proprietary deodorization techniques, including industrial-strength fans and foggers. These techniques remove lingering smoke odor and eliminate all chemicals associated with it.
Regardless of whether your home needs moderate or extensive restoration, we’ll provide industry-established fire damage restoration procedures and standards for each phase of the job. You can count on us to deliver high-quality workmanship and materials to restore your home to its original condition.
No job is too big or too small. Give our friendly team a call right now for help: 312-707-8597
Why Trust ServiceMaster of Lake Shore to Repair Your Fire Damage?
When it comes to fire restoration in Chicago, IL, you need a team that can deliver top-quality service that’s tailored to your property. Our team provides that, and more.
Here are a few benefits of working with us:
Help With Insurance
We understand that dealing with your insurance company can be stressful to property owners, so we’ll walk you through the claims process. We’ve been in business for more than 20 years, so we know the ins and outs of complex insurance paperwork. Let our friendly staff take the burden of insurance claims off your plate.
Emergency Response 24/7
We understand that you want to get back on your feet quickly following a fire-related disaster, so we provide a fast response time for fire damage cleanup calls around the clock. When handling a commercial fire restoration job, we’ll work hard to get your business up and running in short order, keeping the safety of your employees and customers in mind.
At ServiceMaster of Lake Shore, customer satisfaction is our No. 1 priority, and we want you to feel completely at ease while we clean up and restore your home or business. If you ever have questions about the process, we’re just a call away. As a family-owned business, we stand out among top Chicago fire damage restoration companies due to the personal attention we give to every customer.
Contact Us for 24/7 Fire Damage Restoration Services
Whether you need smoke damage cleanup or odor removal after a single-room fire or extensive restoration services after a significant fire event, our team is here for you. Our IICRC-certified restoration experts use cutting-edge restoration equipment and are regularly undergoing training and education to stay up-to-date on the industry’s leading techniques.
We provide service to all residential and commercial properties, including schools, offices, warehouses, single- and multi-unit properties, and more. No matter what you need, you can count on quality service from our team of professionals.
If you’ve experienced fire damage, give us a call right away. We’ll send out one of our experts to assess your fire damage and create an action plan to restore your home.
Fire Damage Resources for Chicagoland Residents
Illinois Disaster Assistance: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/oem/supp_info/illinois_disasterassistancecall1-800eng.html
Ready.Gov Home Fire Prevention Tips: https://www.ready.gov/home-fires
US Fire Administration Fire Damage Tips: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/fa_46.pdf