Magnificent Mile – Water & Flood Damage Restoration
Have you experienced water damage? Our team will help you get life back to normal.
The Magnificent Mile is one of Chicago’s most beautiful areas. The 13-block stretch is filled with unique boutiques, art galleries, more than 300 restaurants, and some of the Midwest’s most exclusive hotels.
If you live in the coveted Magnificent Mile, you want to protect your property from flooding and severe weather. When disasters strike, floodwater can soak your carpets, drywall, baseboards, furniture, and personal items, resulting in a big mess and an expensive repair bill.
While you might not always be able to completely avoid water damage, you can arm yourself with the best restoration team in the Magnificent Mile area. Here at ServiceMaster of Lake Shore, our team of IICRC-certified technicians is ready and waiting to help you recover from even severe water damage.
Offering 24/7 emergency services, we provide comprehensive water damage restoration services for Magnificent Mile high rises, hotels, retail establishments and more.
Don’t compromise on water damage repair – contact our team for professional assistance today: 312-707-8597
What Causes Water Damage in Magnificent Mile Homes & Businesses?
These are some of the most common causes of water damage:
• Storm damage, broken pipes, and flooding.
• Leaking plumbing or defective appliances.
• Broken or damaged water heaters.
• Severe weather, including heavy rains and snowfall.
• Ice damming on the roof of a building.
• Frozen, burst, or broken pipes.
• Sewage backup or clogged toilets.
• Leaking or faulty roofs.
• Overflowing bathtubs, toilets, or sinks.
• Firefighting efforts or flooding.
If you have water damage, act fast! Contact ServiceMaster of Lake Shore for 24/7 emergency restoration services.
How to Know If You Need Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Even minimal water damage can wreak havoc on your home. Mold can start to form within just hours of water exposure, for example, and severely water-damaged drywall and carpet often need to be replaced.
Still, water damage isn’t always obvious. As such, it’s important to recognize the symptoms of water damage in your home or business. Here are a few warning signs to watch out for:
- Warped, cupping, or creaking floorboards. Floors that feel boggy, uneven, or warped under your feet may indicate that moisture has collected under the floorboards, compromising the integrity of the wood.
- The sound of running or dripping water. If you hear dripping or gushing water coming from your walls, it could mean you have a broken pipe. Contact a plumber immediately.
- The smell of mold or mildew. Mold and mildew both have a damp, musty smell. If you’ve started to notice this aroma around your home, it could be a sign that you have water damage.
- Pools of water. Pooling water is one of the most obvious signs that you need water damage repair. While it can happen anywhere, pooling water is most common around appliances like washers, dishwashers, toilets, showers, and bathtubs, and under sinks.
- Water stains. Water stains around your doors or windows or on your walls are reliable signs of water damage. Peeling, cracked, or blistering paint could also indicate a leak.
- Spiking water bills. If you’ve noticed that your water bills are suddenly sky-high, it could be a sign of a broken pipe.
Have you noticed any of the signs above? If so, contact ServiceMaster of Lake Shore today!
Our 6 Step Water Damage Cleanup Process for Magnificent Mile Residents
When you work with ServiceMaster of Lake Shore, you expect excellent results. Here’s the process our team follows to deliver that level of quality:
1. Comprehensive assessment
When we arrive at your home, we conduct a comprehensive water damage assessment. We’ll identify the source of the water damage, assess the level of contamination of the water, and develop a plan to restore the damage.
2. Water removal
Next, our team will get to work removing water from the affected area. Our truck-mounted pumping systems allow us to remove standing water quickly and efficiently, preparing the area for drying and restoration.
Once the water is gone, our team will bring in heavy-duty air-moving equipment, including fans and dehumidifiers, to remove as much moisture as possible.
4. Disinfection and cleaning
Water damage can create a variety of health hazards, including mold and mildew infestations. Our team will provide professional disinfecting and deodorizing for all affected areas, as well as complete mold remediation and removal. These services help restore your property to a livable condition.
Once we’ve dried, disinfected, and cleaned the area, we’ll get to work restoring elements that cannot be saved. Our team can replace damaged drywall, for example, and install new flooring and ceiling materials.
6. Final walk-through
Before we consider the job finished, we’ll walk through your property with you to ensure you’re 100% satisfied.
Don’t navigate water damage on your own! Contact our team for 24/7 emergency services.
Why Choose ServiceMaster of Lake Shore?
When it comes to water damage restoration services, you have options. So why choose ServiceMaster of Lake Shore? Here’s what keeps our customers coming back:
A Rapid Response
When you contact our team, we’ll respond immediately. We understand that time is critically important when you’re facing water damage, and we don’t want to leave you alone in the process. Our centrally located office on Wells Street allows us to respond rapidly to calls in Magnificent Mile and the surrounding areas.
No two water damage repair jobs are the same. To ensure we completely restore your space, our team provides personalized repair plans that suit your needs, budget, and timeline.
A Team You Enjoy Working With
When you need water damage repair services, you deserve to work with a team that will prioritize transparency and open communication. Our team will answer all your questions and always keep the lines of communication open. No matter what, we’re here for you.
Get Best-in-Class Water Damage Restoration Today!
Here at ServiceMaster of Lake Shore, we take your water damage restoration needs seriously. Locally owned and committed to restoring your property completely, ServiceMaster of Lake Shore is the obvious choice for water damage repair.
Contact us today to schedule your inspection and estimate!