Water Damage Restoration Chicago IL & Suburbs
Dealing with water damage? We’ll get things back to normal!
Water damage caused by burst pipes or storm flooding spreads through your Chicagoland property in a matter of minutes. It soaks carpets, seeps into baseboards and wicks into drywall. Slow, hidden leaks in attics and crawl spaces rot wood framing and feed unhealthy mold growth.
Whether it happens in just a few minutes or over the course of weeks, the results can be overwhelming. Water damage cleanup isn’t something you want to handle by yourself.
We’re here to help. When you face water damage in your home or business, our IICRC certified technicians are standing by ready to respond.
Call ServiceMaster of Lake Shore 24/7 for the most complete water damage cleanup and restoration services in Chicago, The Loop, Millennium Park, Gold Coast as well as the suburbs – including Northbrook, Evanston, Park Ridge, Wilmette, and Winnetka.
Do you need professional water damage services? We’re always here for you: 312-707-8597
What Causes Water Damage in Chicago Homes?
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common:
- Flooding and storm damage
- Leaky plumbing
- Damaged, broken, or defective water heaters
- Severe weather, including snowstorms and thunderstorms
- Ice dam water leaking into the house
- Leaking and broken appliances
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses, plumbing, etc.
- Sewage backup
- Clogged toilets
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- Flooding and firefighting efforts
Signs you May Need Water Damage Cleanup Repair
Even when water damage seems minimal, it can quickly create a major problem. According to The Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA), mold and mildew growth can begin in a water-damaged area within just 48 hours of moisture exposure.
Unfortunately, water damage isn’t always obvious and easy to detect. That’s why it’s important to know the common signs of water damage and to understand when you may need water damage repair.
Here are a few indications to watch for:
- The sound of dripping water. This sound generally comes from a leaking pipe or fixture behind the wall, or in a hidden area like under a cabinet.
- Floors that cup or creak. Floors that feel unstable under your feet or that creak or shift when you walk on them may indicate that moisture has already built up under the floorboards.
- Damp smells. Smelling mold, mildew, or moisture is a sign that water has built up in the home.
- Pooling water. Pooling water around appliances, pipes, or other areas is the most obvious sign that you need water damage cleanup repair.
- Visible mold or mildew. Mold and mildew on your walls, flooring, or ceiling are signs of damp or wet conditions. Mold can look green, yellow, purple, or even brown, depending on the type of mold.
- Discolored surfaces. Over time, surfaces may become discolored or suffer water stains from standing or leaking water.
- Higher-than-normal water bills. If you’ve noticed that your water bill is increasing, it could be a sign of leaking or burst pipes.
- Peeling, Bubbling, Cracked Paint or Water Stains on Wall. This indication that water is leaking somewhere and damaging the surfaces of your walls.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, don’t hesitate – contact our team for comprehensive water damage repair today! 312-707-8597
Our 6 Step Water Damage Cleanup Process for Chicago, IL Residents
We believe it’s important for you to understand how we cleanup and restore water damage. When you know what to expect, you can make decisions and move forward with confidence.
From initial inspection through your final approval, our process follows these six steps.
1. On-site Damage Assessment
Our technicians begin by determining the exact cause and type of water damage to your property. We identify the water source and levels of contamination, and we create a plan for addressing repairs.
2. Water Removal
Using a variety of equipment, including truck-mounted pumping systems, we remove all standing water. Our teams follow up with specialized water extraction and vacuuming techniques.
3. Structural Drying
We expedite structural drying with heavy-duty air moving equipment, including industrial fans and specialized dehumidifiers. Our technicians closely monitor the process.
4. Cleaning and Disinfecting
From floor to ceiling, we clean all water-damaged areas and affected surfaces. This step includes critical disinfecting and deodorizing techniques as well as mold removal and remediation.
5. Complete Restoration
Once your home or business is thoroughly dry and clean, we begin restoration. As needed, we tear out and replace damaged drywall, flooring and ceiling materials.
6. Your 100% Satisfaction
We work hard to restore your property to its original condition. We also want to restore your peace of mind. Our job isn’t finished until we know you’re 100% satisfied.
Dealing with an emergency water damage situation? Call us right now: 312-707-8597
Why Choose the Professionals at ServiceMaster of Lake Shore?
A Swift Response
We’ll respond immediately to your call because we understand that time is of the essence when water invades your property. Our office is located in downtown Chicago, IL just west of Millennium Park and nearby Willis Tower, and Magnificent Mile so we are uniquely positioned to arrive on time – every time – with all the tools necessary to do the job right.
Based on the extent of the water damage, we’ll develop a personalized repair and restoration plan that fits your budget. As soon as you approve our plan, we’ll get to work.
Transparency and Open Communication
We want you to feel fully confident in our work, so we keep lines of communication open. If you have any questions about what is water restoration or the methods we use to extract water and repair damage, don’t hesitate to ask us.
Don’t Let Water Damage Sit! Restore Your Property Today
Not all water damage restoration companies are the same. We’re proud to be a ServiceMaster partner that’s locally owned and uniquely positioned to perform thorough water damage restoration in Chicago, IL and the North Shore.
Whether you need high-rise flood restoration or flooded basement cleanup at home, give ServiceMaster of Lake Shore a call today for a fast response and exceptional results. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.